Sunday, June 3, 2007

Progress

I've made some solid progress this weekend (mostly Friday night, as B and were doing stuff since mid-day Saturday).

I have done the first pass of: Submitting a new link with tags, relating tags together (I was right, kind of nasty.. and I have more to go), ranking, calling the search engine with the search + restrictions (using MSN right now - st00pid G00gle seems to have turned of access for this kind of thing. Guess only THEY want to do R&D against their stuff). I've also get the front page of the web site with some a semi-click AJAX app to get the top tags... and you can drill down, which shows the drilled down tag with related tags to that drill-down. You can enter a term and click search, get the restricted site search back.

I need to get the drill down slicker, but all in all, the site is usable for straight searching w/ drill downs.

Beyond improving the drill down, I need to get the login working, along with voting and site submission (most of the underlying work is done with that - just need to get the interface).

I've been thinking about this technology for a while - but am still surprised how quickly it is going together. I've thought out most of what I need to do, so it was just a mater of DB design and code.

On the business side, I need to start looking at doing a LLC (might not do under after release, to see how it goes - just use Ratajik Software, LLC). And I *REALLY* would like to investigate a patent on this. So far I have not made public disclosure, but that will change when I start a beta. And this blog is set to private, so unless Google is reading it, I should be ok.

No comments: