Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Getting close

So I haven't been blogging about it as much (as I've been busying DOING it), but I've made some very good progress on tagZar.

User login and sign up is done. A listing of possible URL's is in (defaulting to the top one ATM).

The site is up (but password protected) at http://www.tagzar.com/tz.

Paul signed the NDA last week and has been playing with it. He's still debating if he things it's useful :) It actually took a bit to explain what the site does. I REALLY need to be able to (in a few words) be able to describe what tagZar is all about.

The ability to set up a user profile (with photo) is in. I say who first submitted the url/tag combo, and people can view their profile. A "T" icon is next to each known tag. Users can click on that to see detailed info about it - and can comment on the tag.

I've got several ways to browse tags - still working on the big cloud right now.

I've cleaned up the look and feel; it's finally getting pretty set.



I still need to work on user profile, showing what a user submitted and what they voted for. I also need to consider un-thumbsup'ing, or even thumbs down. And I need to look at freshness - over time, a handful of sites will rise to the top, and will be very hard to dislodge (as everyone will just vote for them), so getting "top in the last 24 hours", "top this week", et al. will be very important.

I need to get the patent done - or at least the prelim. I continue to be frustrated by the lack of innovation support in the Columbia area - Even on projects that have been very successful (StationRipper, for example), I've found it tough to get any partners or help. While I realize this can always be true of startups and new ideas, I personally believe a lot of it is just Columbia, SC - I'm not tied into the network here (and probably never really will be, considering I'm from the North). I've tried to get some help working on the patent from a local patent lawyer, and got a "do it yourself" response. Always fun :)

So, just a few things to finish up. Then HAVE to nail the patent so I can go live. Need to consider if I want to just release under the current LLC or form a new one.

No comments: